DID YOU KNOW…
…that you do NOT need a high school diploma to go to college?
…that ZLO has the endorsement of a local high school principal as having some of the best prepared, most successful students at that high school?
FOLLOW THESE LINKS TO…
- Your Free Career Test – This is a really simple Middle School / High School aptitude test.
- Northwest Career and Technical Academy – a WA public high school with branches in Skagit and Whatcom counties. Credit and skills education in several technical fields.
- Lumerit Scholar, formerly College Plus. Not for everyone, but perhaps a GREAT way for the ambitious homeschooler to get started on college at age 16, and sometimes younger. Get the courses you need toward a degree, but not the debt!
TRACKING YOUR HIGH SCHOOL WORK
Some files are in .pdf format for printing.
Keeping Records for transcripts
- Here is a link to a document with suggestions for how to keep your homeschool academic work.
- Here is a file to help you track activities you are already doing as possible coursework on your high school transcript:
Activity record page for Scouting, clubs, academic teams, etc.(a .pdf file)
- Is your student accumulating coursework toward high school graduation? Use this document to help form your transcript:
Calculating your grade point average (GPA) on a 4-point scale (a .pdf file)
Questions about the literature you spend time with might come up on a college entrance questionnaire:
- Tracking the books you’ve read (a .pdf file)
Can I get a ZLO Transcript?
ZLO does NOT keep records for transcripts. Instead, we encourage high schoolers to keep all of their course work, syllabus, and progress reports. Admissions at local high schools and the community college use that to determine course work completed. Any of our teachers is happy to write a cover letter on your student’s behalf. For more information, please contact our staff director.