– Originially posted September 1, 2019
We want to make sure that Study Hall provides an environment that supports quiet study time. If your child will be utilizing a Study Hall, please make sure they have homework, a book, or some other QUIET activity to keep them occupied during each 1-hour and 15-minute Study Hall period that they attend.
Study Hall is for students registered at ZLO only. Children not registered at ZLO must be accompanied by a parent if waiting inside Study Hall, remembering that this is a quiet area.
Students do not get access to the WiFi password. If you would like your child to have internet access, written or verbal consent from you, the parent, is required. We will not give the password to your child. We will give the parent the password to enter into phone or tablet, or a Study Hall supervisor will enter it into their device for them.
Unless you are a ZLO teacher using it for classroom instruction, we ask that you not use our WiFi for any streaming content (music, videos, some games). Music or videos that are stored on a device are fine.
We encourage students to spread out, and will remind each one as they arrive to keep their voices low. We will also do our best to check if they have homework to work on. We want to support your needs as parents. If you could also go over the following with your kids that attend ZLO and use Study Hall, we would appreciate it very much.
- REMEMBER TO SIGN IN WHEN YOU ARRIVE!
- IF YOU NEED TO LEAVE THE ROOM FOR ANY REASON, YOU MUST LET THE SUPERVISOR KNOW!
- STUDY HALL IS A QUIET AREA – PLEASE KEEP THE VOLUME DOWN.
- MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO WORK ON QUIETLY FOR EACH 1 HOUR AND 15 MINUTE STUDY HALL PERIOD THAT YOU ATTEND.
- SIGN IN AT THE BEGINNING OF EACH PERIOD THAT YOU REMAIN IN STUDY HALL.
Your Study Hall supervisors this year are:
- Erika Donalson
- Erika Donalson
- Rachel Oscarson
- ZLO Faculty
- Deanna Kangas
- We are in need of one more supervisor
- Erin Mangum
*If you are interested in supervising 3rd period Study Hall, please contact Molly Crocker, Bethany Pellerin, or Deanna Kangas.