Now that the classes are finished for this academic year, do we find ourselves asking “What are we going to do this summer?” This list is a great place to start! (for more details click on the link for each listed item).
- Parks Canada is inviting Canadians and visitors from around the world to celebrate Canada’s 150th. anniversary at our national treasures from coast to coast to coast. To mark this special year, they are offering free admission to all Parks Canada locations, and want you to join in the celebration.
- There are events galore in the Leisure Guide. You can even download a PDF version for offline browsing of events. (Some of the following entries are included in the Leisure Guide but some of them deserve to be highlighted.)
- Regal Cinemas Family Film Festival.
- Concerts in the Park (Elizabeth Park, Maritime Park, Boulevard Park).
- Once again Mount Baker Lanes will host Kids Bowl Free.
- The City of Bellingham Parks with Trails and playgrounds and spray parks.
- Lots of Bellingham Public Library events including reading club and Thursday family-friendly matinees.
- Events of many kinds exist throughout the rest of the Whatcom County Library System.
- Birch Bay has many events including Beach Fest & Feast, Sand Sculpture Competition, Music Festival, Discovery Days and Friday night movies.
- Art Camps at BAAY.
- At HomeDepot they offer many workshops for a variety of ages; some for kids, some for older adults (young to old).
- Activities in Blaine are also worth checking out. From the 4th of July festivities, Hands Across the Border (This weekend), Drayton Harbor Music Festival and Drayton Harbor Days, there are a variety of events worthy of our time.
- And then there are so many things you can do at home. Here is a link with a multitude of ideas for projects that your family may enjoy.
There are so many events that sometimes the summer feels much busier than the school year. Make time to enjoy this season!