Parents: Some of you have contacted us regarding Study Hall and homework vs. socializing. We are doing our best to make sure that Study Hall provides an environment that supports quiet study time. If your child does not have homework, then please make sure they have a book, or some other QUIET activity to keep them occupied during each 1-hour and 15-minute Study Hall period that they attend.
This week, we have been trying a new table layout with no more than two students sitting together at each table, and reminding each one as they arrive to keep their voices low and checking if they have homework to work on. We want to support your needs as parents, and hope that this will provide some positive results. If you could also go over the following with your kids that attend ZLO, and use Study Hall, we would appreciate it very much.
- REMEMBER TO SIGN IN WHEN YOU ARRIVE!
- IF YOU NEED TO LEAVE THE ROOM FOR ANY REASON, YOU MUST LET THE SUPERVISOR KNOW!
- STUDY HALL IS A QUIET AREA – PLEASE KEEP THE VOLUME DOWN.
- MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO WORK ON QUIETLY FOR EACH 1 HOUR AND 15 MINUTE STUDY HALL PERIOD THAT YOU ATTEND.
- SIGN IN AT THE BEGINNING OF EACH PERIOD THAT YOU REMAIN IN STUDY HALL.