DID YOU KNOW…
…that you do NOT need a high school diploma to go to college?
…that ZLO has the endorsement of a local high school principal as having some of the best prepared, most successful students at that high school?
…that a high school diploma does NOT guarantee either instruction or knowledge in courses taken by a student, only that the student warmed the chair for 150 hours in exchange for a credit on a transcript?
…that NO local public school – homeschool extension program (sometimes called Parent Partnership Programs) that we know of is ‘accredited’ by ANY agency – only that they help you accumulate hours, NOT knowledge, toward their high school diploma?
FOLLOW THESE LINKS TO…
- Your Free Career Test – This is a really simple Middle School / High School aptitude test.
- Northwest Career and Technical Academy – a WA public high school with branches in Skagit and Whatcom counties. Credit and skills education in several technical fields.
- Lumerit, formerly College Plus. Not for everyone, but perhaps a GREAT way for the ambitious homeschooler to get started on college at age 16, and sometimes younger. Get the courses you need toward a degree, but not the debt!
TRACKING YOUR HIGH SCHOOL WORK
Some files are in .pdf format for printing.
Keeping Records for transcripts
- Here is a link to a document with suggestions for how to keep your homeschool academic work. http://zlo.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/SaveYourClasswork.pdf
- Here is a file to help you track activities you are already doing as possible coursework on your high school transcript:
Activity record page for Scouting, clubs, academic teams, etc.(a .pdf file)
- Is your student accumulating coursework toward high school graduation? Use this document to help form your transcript:
Calculating your grade point average (GPA) on a 4-point scale (a .pdf file)
Questions about the literature you spend time with might come up on a college entrance questionnaire:
- Tracking the books you’ve read (a .pdf file)
ZLO Official Transcripts
Do you need an official ZLO transcript? Probably not. Roll your ZLO classes into your transcript (see links above) as home-schooled classes taken from a tutor who was hired. Occasionally a document can help smooth a path. ZLO does NOT keep records for transcripts, but if your grade reports are handy then we can help you accumulate that into a ZLO transcript. The price is $35, plus a fee to cover postage wherever you wish it sent. Please ask your ZLO administrator.
We’ve been informed of a link to build your own transcript online. If you try it out please tell us how well it works.
Go here: http://teascript.com/